China Capacity Building ProjectOccupational Health and Safety
Appendix 3Needs Assessment Survey Results
Health and Safety Training Workshop Planning Survey
(for factory participants)
This survey is designed to help develop a four day training session that will be held at the YY2 plant in Summer 2001. The training session has two goals: 1) To build the health and safety ability of all participants (workers, supervisor/managers and non-governmental organizations) to recognize, evaluate and document workplace hazards; and 2) To review how joint labor-management health and safety committees work, and establish basic knowledge and inspection skills of worksite committee members. Please take a few minutes to tell us about yourselves and what you would like to learn from this training.
About Your Job
1. What department do you work in? ________________________________________________
2. What is your specific job? ______________________________________________________
3. If you are a supervisor or manager, how many employees/which departments do you supervise?
4. How long have you worked at this factory? ______________________________________
5. Have you worked at other factories? ____ No ____ Yes
6. Do you have any experience working on health and safety committees or solving workplace health and safety problems?
What You Hope to Learn
7. Which of the following health and safety topics would you like to learn about?
8. Which learning skills would you like to develop (Mark the three topics that are most important to you)
9. Have you attended other health and safety trainings in the past?
10. What types of information about workplace health and safety do you have access to? Please list (for example factsheets, supervisor, health and safety coordinator, internet sites)
11. Do you have experience training others?
12. What language would you prefer to have the training conducted in?
13. What are three things that you hope to learn from coming to this training course?
14. Do you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions about how to make this training workshop best serve you?
Thank you for your help. We look forward to meeting with you in person to discuss further how to make this training session as useful to you as possible.